4/27/11

Happy Birthday Lola!

Remember this cute couple?  It's our yougest daughter and her boyfriend (aren't they just too cute together)?

I have loved getting to know her boyfriend and his family; Kaitlyn and her boyfriend have such a respectful relationship (no hugging, no kissing, no holding hands - how's that for respect?? (shoot me when that day does arrive please - HA!)); they are both dedicated to their school work (both made straight A's this semester), they both love basketball and band and they BOTH make us laugh a lot.

Close Up - love those white gel pen dots!
Anyway, TODAY is his little sister's birfday...oh I so love birfdays!! We got  her a little gift, but you know me, I really enjoyed making her birthday card!

So first we'll start with the eye spy game!  What do you see?  Do you see it?

I traced the letters, cut them out and then stamped them randomly with flowers from Bloom and Grow in chalk inks.  Once I baked them (they are shrinky dinks) I found they SO MATCHED my background paper!!  How cool is that?

The paper is digital iPaper from Amber Ink; this one is  Gerber Daisy Party: Tiny; isn't it just the cutest with those little smiley faces inside each flower?  Ah...love!  Yep; just printed the paper right from my printer; such beautiful colors.

I chose to make a round card for sweet Lola using Wee Bee - Spot of Sun and color her PURPLE.  Yummy!

card and shrinky dinks
I tied the card and the shrinky dinks onto the gift bag filled with some special items.  Even more special?  Kaitlyn's and Lola's birfdays are just a day apart (maybe a few years in between, but hey, it counts)!!

Sweet hugs little Lola!!!

...purple flowers, birfdays and friends...Hugs, ~M.


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Amber Ink Digi Wee Bee - Spot of Sun
Papers:  PTI, Royal Velvet, GKD White, Amber Ink Digi iPaper
Gerber Daisy Party: Tiny
Accessories:  digital image, digital paper, white gel pen, nesties, copics

7 comments:

  1. Adorable Michele and so nice of you to make a gift for your daughters boyfriends little sister. Maybe you can use her as a spy in the coming years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, looks flabulous! love the papers you have used!! and that picture is just adorable!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Michele! Lovin' those bright bright colours!

    They are the cutest couple ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Michele. Beautifully colored and I love the shrinky dink name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow thats so cute ...i love the little flowers and the letters
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaitlyn is sooo like you Michele!! What a cute little couple, long may their innocence last!! Gorgeous round card by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwwwww -- Cal & I just read this. SO SWEET. :) They are good kids, and yes, praying it stays that way too. HAHAHAHAH! (he just smile at me... wait, do I need to know something?!??!?! LOL -- HE SAID "NO!!!!!" then called me a Dode. HA!)

    LOVE LOVE LOVE Lola's card -- it's the cutest thing EVER! You did a great job -- so much time & thought went into it, I can tell! You are SO good at what you do!!!

    xo Gwen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.