4/13/11

Courage

I recently purchased some Grand Nestabilities...not my smartest purchase BUT I wanted to try to use them to create a "shaped" card.  The papers were ones I had on my desk so I began putting it together and I really like how it turned out!

I used 3 of the small flowers from MFT Stamps, 2 brown and 1 pink.  The pink was spritzed with a chocolate glimmer mist and the 2 brown were spritzed with a white glimmer mist, which really didn't show up well.  I added blush pearls and a chocolate pearl accordingly.


I died the ribbon using several different inks; it was a tan base, so it gave it a unique color - I like it!  I scrunched it up using Scor-Pal tape.  The notebook paper and quote are from Verve Visuals Blue Skies; I stamped the notebook paper twice in Pumice Distress Ink and cut out each image.  I added Chamomile Tea Dye ink around the edges for a vintage feel.  For the quote, I inked it in Tattered Rose and then stamped over it with Barn Door; not quite as bright of a red that way.

The quote says "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow". Such a beautiful quote!

Thanks for popping in; hope you are having a great week!

...courage and strength... ~M.

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Verve Visuals Blue Skies
Papers:  PTI Dark Chocolate, Sweet Blush, DP by SU!
Ink:  Distress Inks - Pumice Stone, Tattered Rose and Barn Door, PTI Chamomile Tea Dye Ink
Accessories: distressing, hand-dyed ribbon, GB pearls, MFT rolled flowers

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful quote! Love this shaped card... Why do you say the Grand Nestabilities were not your smartest purchase? Do you have troubles with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Michele, what a brilliant sentiment. I love your ribbon and flowers and definitely love the shape. Haven't ventured down that die road yet but so impressed by them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love this shape and the papers .. so pretty along with the ruffled ribbon and flowers its just gorgeous
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Michele. Your colors are so pretty and I love how you scrunched the ribbon. I've been eyeing the Grands but haven't bought any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Michele, the colors are lovely and I like the ribbon scrunching technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.