1/24/11

Our Deepest Sympathy

My sweet co-worker that lost her mother loves yellow, so this was a custom requested sympathy card for her.  Hence - it has some serious yellow going on which I know she will appreciate.  AND did you notice H-O-W different it is from the last sympathy card I did HERE??

I once again used Verve Visual's Forever In Our Hearts stamp set and the layout is Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 101.  The tree image was inked with PTI Always Artichoke and the bird with Memento Tuxedo Black.  I carried over the image onto the envelope and one bird to the inside of the card along with the sentiment I chose.

The layout was super fun and I will use it time and time again!


Inside of Card

I decided this morning (after I had slept on it - NO, not LITERALLY) that I needed to add a sympathy statement on the front, so I embossed "Our Deepest Sympathy" in black in the lower right hand side by the oval (on the designer paper); it looks nice.  But I certainly didn't have time to take a picture before heading off to work.  :(

Thanks for popping in; be sure to stop back tomorrow and see the newest TLT Challenge!   Have a GREAT week friends!  Hugs, ~M.


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Verve Visual Forever in our Hearts
Papers:  PTI Simply Chaurtreuse & Harvet Gold, DP by Basic Grey
Ink:  PTI Ripe Avocado, Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMagic Jumbo Java
Accessories: nesties, border punch, Copics

7 comments:

  1. These colors are so full of hope! You've been right to add the sentiment to the front, or it wouldn't really have looked like a sympathy card...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, perfect image and verse, so difficult to get sympathy cards right, but this is perfect
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect!!
    hugs and xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is Stunning!! I love the color scheme. I love the design. Sorry you had to make sympathy cards, but when they are as beautiful and with as much thought as this it is so appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very pretty!! The dp is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele, this is a beautiful card. I love the image and the sentiment and the papers are so pretty. I'm sure your co-worker will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so difficult to get it right with sympathy cards, you have done a wonderful job with all of them. AX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.