2/22/10

Compose a Card #4

Oh my goodness - I started this card last week right after Becky released the challenge...here it is almost a week later and I just finished it. Life just got in the way! Not to mention I've been ill all weekend long! URGH!

Before I show the card, today my dear sweet hubby and I are celebrating 18 years of marriage - WOW; what a blessing!!

OK, on to the card! I didn't have a negative stamp - can you imagine, I thought I had EVERYTHING in my stamp room; but alas, not a negative stamp. So, I did the next best thing...stamped white on black. LOL

I added some Hibiscus Burst to the card as I'm using this as a birthday card for a friend. I didn't have any olive satin ribbon either, so instead I took some white satin ribbon and died it with my Ripe Avocado stamp pad from PTI. Worked like a charm!

Thanks for stopping by; Becky will release a new challenge tomorrow and this week she has a "theme" running all week long - what fun! Hope you get a chance to check it out. Hugs, ~M.



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Floral Frenzy from PTI
Paper: PTI Black & Ripe Avocado, GKD 80 lb. White
Ink PTI Ripe Avocado, Hibiscus Burst, Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! White
Accessories: ribbon, twine, button

4 comments:

  1. Cute! It isn't late :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! Great job on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love it, of course! Love ya, BFF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear you havn't been feeling good! Hope you are 100% better now!

    Love the card it is so cute! You crack me up with your creative little ways...don't have the right color ribbon? Just dye it!

    Michael's just opened a new store out west and it is totally FAB!!! Went in there today (with the rest of the West side of town) and they have TONS more stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.