8/15/09

Lord Have Mercy

I found time this week to participate in Mercy's sketch - everyone loves Mercy's sketches and I wanted in on the fun! I was also inspired by THIS card which I found on Splitcoaststampers - love the colors so I set about to use the same stamp set.

You know me, I love to make 2 cards at a time to put in my stash, so this time was no different.

I broke into my new paper pack called "Pretty Please" by My Mind's Eye. I love MME's paper - love, love, love them! It's double-sided and I can always use every square inch of it! I stamped the floral image (Floral Symphony) in PTI Hibiscus Burst and Versamagic Spanish Olive; I also colored in the flowers and stems with these same colors. I stamped the butterfly from PTI's Tags from Spring in PTI Raspberry Fizz and then colored over the butterfly with a Clear Spica atyou Glitter Pen. So sparkly IRL!

I also sponged both main images with Versamagic Aegean Blue & Spanish Olive. As you can see on one I used my favorite Martha Stewart Punch (Arch Lattice); the other I rounded opposite corners. One I tied a double bow with my Bow Easy; the other I added a flower and button (yes, my button is NAY-KED...hope you don't mind) - LOL!

With both cards I used PTI's Hibiscus Burst Bitty Dot Satin ribbon. PTI has such scrumptious ribbon - I'm slowly falling in love with all their papers, buttons, ribbons...and NOW they have envelopes. Can't wait to get some of those!

I'm glad you dropped in - I hope to have some news about selling my cards online very soon...stay tuned! Have a great week! Hugs, ~M.



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Verve Visual Floral Symphony, PTI Tags from Spring
Ink: Versamagic Spanish Olive & Aegean Blue, PTI Hibiscus Burst & Raspberry Fizz
Paper: GKD 80 lb. Pure Luxury White, PTI Hibiscus Burst & Raspberry Fizz
Accessories: flower, button by PTI, ribbon by PTI, MFT Swarovski Crystals in Rose

3 comments:

  1. michele...both of these are lovely! you know how much i love Verve stamps, too {wink, wink}! love the colors, the dp, and the coloring and sparkle! amazing job!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch this week, and i hope to see you again next week! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele~

    These are both gorgeous!! I love the soft colors, the main images, the pretty border punch, and that flower!! What a great idea :O) Both cards are stunning.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty! The coloring is so pretty! I don't know which one I like more. :) Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.