12/14/08

Working my fingers to the bones!!

Oh my gosh; I have been soooo busy! A good kind of busy, but soooo busy! I feel like I've worked my fingers to the bones; of course smashing my right hand in the truck door yesterday might have something to do with that feeling. Can you say OUCH!?!

I've had a couple Christmas card orders; some candles in a box orders and now I have some baby shower invites to do. Whew! Here's a look at the first group of Christmas cards I did using PTI's Snowflake Serenade set.

The base card is Bazzill's Sea Breeze layered with SU Chocolate Chip and then the DP is by My Mind's Eye. Such scrumptious DP!!

The quotes are stamped in Jumbo Java and Sea Breeze ink both by Tsukineko; they were stamped onto SU's Whisper White and then layered on SU Chocolate Chip. As you can see, I used the ticket corner punch on everything. The ribbon is also by PTI, Dark Chocolate Twill - can you say YUMMY!!

Here are the individual cards close up; I traced each of the "Joy's" with the Clear Spica atyou Glitter pen which looked so awesome; but I had no interest in tracing all those "Peace's" - LOL!

The cards were a huge hit and my client was thrilled. Now...if I could only learn to do "simple" when it comes to custom orders.

I'll have pictures of the other card order and more candles in a box later this week.

Hope you had a great weekend; I'm thrilled you popped in! Hugs, ~M.


5 comments:

  1. The cards turned out so beautiful. Hand made cards are so extra special lovely....they're worth so much more than factory made, because of all of the time and loving touch put into them. What a wonderful gift God has given you in your talent. Love ya lots BFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. OoooWeee! Smashed hand! YIKES. But man if you can still produce this with a smashed hand you are the best! Hallmark's got nothin' on you girl!

    The cards are beautiful. I can't wait to see the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards....ouch--hope you feel better--not a good time for a hand injury but doesnt look like it is slowing you down!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch... sorry you smashed your hand ! Your cards turned out beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so elegant, and the colour combo is gorgeous. Hope your hand is better
    hugs
    Enfys x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.