12/25/08

Winter Birds

We've had such incredible flux this year at work and I've so many various bosses that I decided to take the easy way at Christmas time and made treats for all of them rather than buying individual gifts.

I had seen a card made with the Winter Birds set by Inkadinkado and fell in love with the images. Took me awhile, but I finally purchased the set and its what I used to make Christmas cards for my various bosses.

All cards are 4" x 4" made with SU! Real Red. I layered with some Dashing DP also by SU! cut in two sizes for a nice variation; I also embossed the bottom portion of the card with Cuttlebug's Snow Dots. I sponged on some Vintage Cream Pigment ink from Papertreyink to emphasize the embossing.

The main image is stamped on SU! Very Vanilla with Tsukineko Lady Bug Red. I colored the swirls with a clear glitter pen; used my Quickie Glue Pen to add Martha Stewart's glitter to 3 snowflakes and then added a pearl to the center of the large snowflake on the bird. I added a photo corner punch in SU! Real Red and Dashing Paper in the upper left-hand corner.

I also added a small 1" strip of dashing paper to the inside of the card. Have you noticed how popular decorating the inside of the card is? Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon with something extra easy!

I hope your Christmas was fabulous; we had a GREAT time; upon returning from Oklahoma on Christmas Eve, we went to the 11 p.m. service at our church - it was PHENOMENAL! We were all very tired when we left church; but all so glad we went!

Thanks for popping in; it's great to see you! Hugs, ~M.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards! Love ya BFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stamp set! It is so beautiful and your colors are so nice! I think that is such a nice gift for your bosses. Mine always likes food anyway!

    Our Christmas was wonderful thank you for your sweet wishes! Hope yours was nice too and if anyone is sick I hope they kick it quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Michele ! I have not heard back from Sarah about SBS10 , I am assuming she did not want to be involved anymore . Maybe we should cantact the other girls and see if they want to start another blog . What do you think ?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.