9/1/24

Mix It Up Challenge Blog - Ink Smooshing

Hi friends - I hope this note finds you doing well. How's your weather? Ours has been hot, hot, hot...and humid! But Fall is just around the corner, BUT I'm not going to wish the days away!

At Mix It Up Challenge, we're playing with ink smooshing - I LOVE ink smooshing and although I'm not thrilled with this card, I do love how the cupcake turned out. 😀 I used Tim Holtz watercolor paper for the cupcake; the cupcake and stencil (background) are from Pretty Pink Posh. 

I started by stenciling the background, then stamped over the top with Simon Says Stamp's YOU background stamp in a gray ink. I die cut the main panel and popped up the border.

I used Simon Says Stamp's Pawsitively Saturated inks, it's tough to see but there is hot pink, and orange in the frosting. The flower is a light pink. The wrapper is done in purples. Once dry, I dripped on some water droplets and dried with a paper towel; I then stamped circles from Reverse Confetti's Poppies stamp set onto the wrapper (Reverse Confetti is no longer in business, but this is still one of my favorite stamp sets!) 

To finish it off, I made the card into a shaker with lots of little shaker bits inside!



Thanks for stopping by - I hope you are inspired to join us with either ink smooshing OR anything goes; we enjoy seeing your creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.