7/21/24

3D Balloons with lots of Bits and Baubles

Hey friends - how are you doing? We are having some beautiful weather of late, mid-high 80's, low 90's; I'll take that over the 100+ days ANY TIME!!

Friday and Saturday, I judged at our County 4H Fair - always fun, and long! 😊 Friday was Food and Nutrition (definitely out of my league, but I try my absolute best); Saturday was Visual Arts and that is much more in my wheelhouse. The kids are always fun and the learning experience is probably unmatched in the real world. They need to speak up, make eye contact, be able to explain what they made, HOW they made it, etc. I saw some incredible creations!

Anywho, onward we go to this card. I took all my inspiration from Lilybean Paperie; I absolutely love everything Melissa creates! This was so much fun and a whole lotta work. lol

I die cut the balloons from Tim Holtz watercolor paper and heavily shaded with Distress inks, then splattered with water, dried those drops and splattered some watered down white gouache and distress spray strains to each balloon. I cut the strings from mirror cardstock and set everything aside. 

I then die cut lots of little bits and baubles from the Hey Honeycomb Flower Power dies and Pretty Pink Posh Birthday Mug Additions. Some of the pieces I had cut previously and was able to use - can't beat that.

The sentiment is from the Four Square Birthday Tags stamp set, it's ombre - which I love. I assembled all the pieces; the balloons were mounted with foam squares, most of the bits and baubles were adhered directly to the balloons. Then I got out my white gel pen and added ALL THE HIGHLIGHTS, love me some white gel pen! 

The background is two different Bitty Bit Raspberry Fizz papers from Papertreyink. I added some shading to the top layer, and in between those papers, I added a scalloped layer of vellum, all these were cut with The Ton Nested Slimline dies (stitched and scalloped).

I sent this card to someone I love dearly for their birthday; I hope it touched their heart!


And thank YOU for stopping by, I appreciate your visit and hope this spurs you to create and mail your cards!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.