7/30/18

Color Challenge meets Sketch Challenge

Hi friends!

Seems like I haven't had much time to play in any challenges for quite some time - but I LOVE challenges; always such a great jumping off point for creativity! This weekend I decided to combine the Color Throwdown Challenge (#503) with MFT's Sketch Challenge (#395) (photos below).

I stamped flowers and leaves on Canson watercolor paper - I know, even when coloring with Copics, I love using the Canson paper, odd, huh - stamped them a few times using my Misti because the paper is texturized. Once complete I colored with Copics and colored pencils then used a Sharpie to intensify the outline again.


I took a picture of two of the flowers because I decided to thicken the inside of the flower petal just slightly with my sharpie - the lower right flower has the thickened petals. I adhered the flowers to a circle. I then took a piece of Fog card stock and used MFT's Circle Burst Stencil. and sponged with Fog ink; then splattered some red, green and white ink. I adhered the flowers/leaves circle onto the Fog card stock and finally on to a Fog card base using fun foam. I added a vellum strip with a sentiment from Gina K Designs Dazzling Dahlia stamp set stamped in VersaFine ink and embossed with clear embossing powder and finished with some Neat and Tangled Like Magic sequins.



Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a GREAT week!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE:
Stamps: MFT Doodled Blooms, Gina K Dazzling Dahlia
Challenges:
  MFT395

  ctd503

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card, Michele! I'm so glad you joined us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.