2/3/17

JUGS + Dogs

I am SUPER excited to be guest designing for Just Us Girls (JUGS) for the month of February; one of my all-time favorite challenge sites!

This week is a word challenge: DOGS. I had such fun with this challenge! I can't wait for the other challenges too; hope you will take the time to join the fun!


I created two cards for this challenge; up first is a card using one of my FAVORITE techniques - smooshing! :D #officialterminology

I used this super fun circle stencil and just randomly added texture paste to the middle area of the card. Once dry, I smooshed some Twisted Citron, Broken China, and Tumbled Glass distress inks on my craft mat and spritzed with water, then placed the mixed media card base in the colors. I set it aside to dry naturally and cut a cute polaroid frame, stamped the dog from MFT's You Make My Tail Wag and colored with copics. I then cut him out, cutting underneath one of his little legs to allow him to barely be hanging on to the polaroid.




I added some black enamel accents to his nose and eyes; once everything was dry, I mounted the pieces to a PTI Hawaiian Shores card base. The inside says 'hang in there'.

The 2nd card is this adorable little dog from Penny Black; the real image has him holding a flower in his mouth, but I didn't stamp that part and instead added this big balloon from an older MFT set, Distressed Hearts and Dies stamped in Hero Arts ombre ink Pink to Red. I used the SSS Falling Hearts stencil with texture paste after masking the dog and balloon. Once dry, I colored the hearts with copics in an ombre fashion, covered the balloon with glossy accents, and added a bow and string to the dogs mouth. The base card was cut with a scalloped nestability, I flung on some Tattered Angels in red and pink.




Tons of fun; hope you will join us over at JUGS; we can't wait to see your creations!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: MFT Distressed Hearts and Dies, MFT You Make My Tail Wag, Penny Black A Romantic Dog
Papers: Neenah 80 lb. white, Ranger water color, misc. designer paper, PTI True Black, Hawaiian Shores
InkHero Arts Intense Black, Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron distress inks, Hero Arts Pink to Red ombre
AccessoriesMFT pierced square dies, Nestability scalloped square die, glossy accents, white gel pen, texture paste, copics, black enamel accents, washi tape, Techno Insiders Circle stencil

Challenges:
  JUGS - Dogs

10 comments:

  1. Welcome to JUGs for this month Michele! And what a way to start...with two great cards! I love them both, but the wiener dog is just so adorable! Can't wait to see what the next few weeks bring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thrilled to have you with us Michelle! You out did yourself this week making two fabulous cards! Love the dog peeking through and that fun background on your first card, and on your second one... I love the tiny hearts and that cute little dog caring the balloon! Can't wait to see what you do next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both dogs are SO CUTE! Such 2 fabulous and fun cards~ Welcome to JUGS for February!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Just Us Girls! We are delighted that you are Guesting with us this month! Wow, you started off with a bang! Too absolutely adorable cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to have you with us this month, Michele, and welcome. Your little dogs are so cute, I love both your cards, well done!!! Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all Welcome to JUGS! So nice to have you Guesting with us this month. What a way to start with those 2 amazingly fabulous cards. Love a bit of stencilling especially with some texture. Can't wait to see what you come up with for February.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two amazing cards!!! I especially love the backgrounds on them both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to JUGS as our Guest Designer this month! How awesome that you made 2 cards and they are both fantastic! I really like what you have doe with the texture paste on both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your use of texture paste has added great details to your cards, Michele. Those dogs are so cute and I love the ruff day sentiment. We're so glad you joined us as guest designer with these delightful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both of these cards, so adorable. But the first one with that teal paste mix is lovely. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.