2/12/17

CTD429 + Concord & 9th Hello Lovely

Hi friends - happy, happy weekend. Hope you are enjoying yourself this weekend!

Sometimes you just have to take a break and make something for fun and this card was my FOR FUN card using inspiration from Color Throwdown 429! I rarely ever create with orange; but I wanted to do messy watercoloring - I mean messy; no pulling out a brush; just have to accept what happens when you lay down some color and spray. :D

I embossed this gorgeous, and new to me, Concord and 9th Hello Lovely floral image on Ranger water color paper and embossed with Hero Arts white. I then used my Zig Clean Color Brushes to put down two colors of orange - one color for the focal flower, a lighter color for the smaller flowers; then sprayed with water and let it run! I did hit it with my heat gun. I then did the same for the leaves, two colors of aqua blue and again, spritzed with water and let them run, then dry. I added more color to the focal flower and spritzed one more time. Once completely dry, I fussy cut the image and ran a black marker around all the edges and spritzed with shimmer mist.



The base layer was inspiration taken from Amy Kolling, but my background was made using MFT's water color stripes. Hard to tell, but I did cut out the middle section and pop it up using fun foam, added a little HELLO banner flag and some sequins to finish off. The inside? Seriously, LOOK at the sparkly aqua washi tape, isn't it gorgeous? Black and white washi tape finish off the inside; added 3 different washi tapes to the envie as well as a strip of the aqua sparkle on the flap of the envie. LOVE! Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Concord and 9th Hello Lovely, MFT water color stripes
Papers: Neenah 80 lb. and 110 lb. white, Ranger water color, PTI Orange Zest
Ink: VersaMark, Hero Arts black
Accessories: Zig Clean Color Brushes, Hero Arts white embossing powder, washi tape, SSS sequins, Lil Inkers Double Stitched dies

Challenges: 
  CTD429

1 comment:

  1. Orange is fun....this watercolored flower is wonderful! So glad you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.