7/21/16

Viva la Verve Sketch

Hi friends - I really like the newest Viva la Verve Sketch - you can see it HERE or down below. I used some Ranger Watercolor paper for the main panel, spritzed the panel lightly with water then stamped the base layer of the scribble roses (after another light spritz) in various distress inks. I let each of those dry, then stamped the detail of the roses in a bit darker distress ink, same for the leaves. I die cut the SSS Hello and fun foam at the same time and decided to leave all the pieces intact, I thought it looked cool. :D

I coated the hello with black wink of stella then added a layer of glossy accents, the vellum banner was stamped with Hero Arts Everyday Messages and embossed with Platinum embossing powder, I layered everything onto Lil Inkers Ombre designer paper, then cut a pink strip of another piece of ombre paper and layered onto a platinum embossed piece and ran it through the cuttlebug for some dimension. I wish now I had added a piece of black/white striped paper - I think that would have 'popped' better. :-/

I used the Award Banner from Verve Visual again - just like my last card - but this time I cut it apart so I could choose how to space the banners. I loved how the hello looked with glossy accents so I coated the banner too. :D




I splattered on some distress ink and gold paint, added some sequins from The Ton and filled each with platinum stickles. That's it - thanks for popping in; hope you have a GREAT weekend. The oldst and I are off to Chicago tomorrow for an appointment with the French Consulate to seek approval for her year-long visa to study in France - it's a LOT OF PAPERWORK to gather and present - wish us luck!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: MFT Scribble Roses, Hero Arts Everyday Messages
Papers: Ranger Watercolor precut, Lil Inkers DP, Neenah 110 lb. white
InkBarn Door, Pine Needles, Twisted CitronSpiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick, Broken China, Tumbled Glass Distress Inks, VersaMark
Accessories: SSS Hello die, glossy accents, black wink of stella, The Ton sequins, stickles, foam tape, fun foam, gold paint, MFT Blueprints, corner chomper

Challenges:
  VLVJUL2016

1 comment:

  1. So gorgeous! Love all those fun splatters. Thanks for joining us for Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.