7/31/16

BLOOM with Abandon!

Hi friends - you haven't heard from me this much in forever, huh? :D

I am loving getting DIRTY over at Splitcoaststampers! Anyone else playing along this week? I made this card for a few of the challenges. I embossed the flowers from Stampin' Up's Upsy Daisy (I have loved this set forever) and a super old sentiment from Cornish Heritage Farms in Hero Arts white embossing powder and then played with zig brushes and distress inks - the more color, the better!

Once it was completely dry, I cut out the part I liked best with the largest MFT pierced square die and mounted on kraft card stock with a super small border. I added a light brown wash to a layer of water color paper, a small strip of MFT DP and then created a small piece of foiled teal card stock using adhesive. I tied on some twine, tied a bow and called it good. Everything was mounted on PTI Hawaiian Shores card stock.


Tried to capture the shimmer
 

Gosh - writing it up, it doesn't seem like much but it basically took me all day doing bits and pieces to get it finished up. LOL Guess it's all that drying time for the water color and water?? Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Stampin' Up Upsy Daisy, Cornish Heritage Farms
Papers: Ranger water color, Neenah 80 lb. white, PTI Kraft and Hawaiian Shores, MFT DP
Ink: VersaMark, Mermaid Lagoon, Broken China distress inks
Accessories: Zig Clean Color brushes, Hero Arts white embossing powder, twine, MFT Blueprints, MFT pierced square dies, Shimmer Mist

Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.