7/30/16

Birds - watercolor + copics

Hi friends - how is your weekend going? Mine is good; tomorrow will be a super busy day so I was thrilled to find some time to sneak into my craft room for some relaxation! I really love the colors for the Color Throwdown challenge this week (CTD403) and I couldn't pass up the chance to get DIRTY too!

I haven't used these birds from Inkadinkado in F-O-R-E-V-E-R, I knew right where they were and was glad to dig them out and get them inky! I stamped the image in black VersaFine and embossed with Hero Arts clear embossing powder. I originally did the image with watercolors but just didn't have as much pop and depth as I wanted so out came the Copics. :D


I added some shading then went back and water colored around the image with a couple different zig brushes. The layout is from MFTWSC291 (see below). I added the same colors to the background using water color crayons, I dried between each layer and continued to add more color. I did have some issues with the water color paper pilling but it wasn't too bad. I added some drops of Hero Arts unicorn white spray, mounted the main panel on fun foam, added a button and multiple-looped bow. The hello sentiment is from PTI's Heart-to-Heart set embossed with platinum embossing powder.


Thanks for stopping by; have a GREAT day!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Inkadinkado, PTI Heart-2-Heart
Papers: Ranger water color, Neenah 110 lbs. white, vellum, MFT DP
InkVersaFine, VersaMark
Accessories: copics, platinum embossing powder, Hero Arts clear embossing powder, twine, PTI button, fun foam, Hero Arts unicorn spray, MFT Blueprints

Challenges:
  CTD403

  MFTWSC291

SCS - The Bird is the Word

2 comments:

Broni said...

What a pretty use of the colors! Love the touches of white on those cute birds! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Aileen Ryan said...

Just having a sticky beak through your blog, this is so pretty, I love the soft watercolours.