3/28/11

TLT - Make Your Own Flowers Amanda Style

It's Tuesday and we're back with another GREAT challenge by our Guest Designer, Amanda!  This week you need to create something and incorporate your own hand-made flowers!

I'm trying, once again, to build my stash of cards, so I created two Magnum cards - one says "Diet starts tomorrow!"; the other says "I shouldn't have eaten the whole lasagna."  Aren't those quotes the funniest?  Love 'em!

Both cards are very close to identical using Basic Grey DP, Dark Chocolate, Kraft and Spring Rain card stock from PTI.  One has a flower created from leftover pieces from THIS flower and edged in Chai Tea Dye Ink.  It was tied off with a button and Chocolate Baker's Twine.  The other flower was created with another PTI floral blossom die and edged with VersaMagic Jumbo Java and finished off with a beautiful striped brad.

The cards were designed using The Sweet Stop Sketch (SSS101) - such a GREAT layout!

Be sure to check out all the details at the challenge blog (HERE); and then join the fun!  And remember, you are not required to use an LCI image to be eligible to win!

Thanks for popping in; hope you have a great week!

Hugs, ~M.


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Ladybug Crafts Ink Magnum and Magnum Sentiments 
Papers:  DP by Basic Grey, PTI Dark Chocolate, Kraft and Spring Rain
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories:  Copics, nesties, spica glitter pens, OMS, watercolor pencils, paperback book, PTI dies, button, twiine, twill ribbon

12 comments:

  1. Nice flower! Magnum is always so fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Michele ... this is one of my fave images... i love Magnum. The papers are gorgeous and that flower is stunning
    Have a great day
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele, I am ure we were twins in another life - we used the same sketch! I love your Magnum and your flower is brilliant!

    M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Michele! Love the colours and the flower is fabulous! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Michele I love your flower and its so perfect with Magnum...did he make that from the morning newspaper lol. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one megamazing flower Michele!!! Absolutely gorgeous and love the soft colours you've used. Good idea to make in two's to build stash :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your flower and the paper you chose is so pretty, almost vintage looking. Very pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are so pretty Michele. Love the papers and those flowers are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis card is so much fun, I love it! I’m so glad you were able to play with us at Phindy’s challenge this week!
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Magnum!! And the sentiments are fabulous, love the recycled look of the flowers too
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. I love all the layers and the fabulous flower. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous design and cards, I like your method of thinking!!! :D
    I love Magnum stuck in the Catflap, far (I nearly wrote fat!) too funny!
    Hope you're well lovely, I love that gorgeous flower!!! Yum!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.