10/11/08

My Red High Heels

I can't help but think of Kellie Pickler's song, "In My Red High Heels" after I created this card. LOL

I did some wedding invitations a few months ago and the black and ivory paper is something we used in the invitations; it's handmade paper by Bradley Paper. Isn't it just gorgeous? (YKWIM?)

I love pairing it with red, black and ivory. I don't have much left, but wanted to make a classy card for the sketch challenge at SCS. My red high heel and stand comes from My Favorite Things, a new set called "Window Shopping". What girl doesn't want some nice red heels, right? I didn't say you had to be able to walk in them! *snort*

The base is SU Real Red layered with the handmade paper. The display stand is stamped on SU Ivory paper in Brilliance Graphite Black ink (my all-time favorite ink); the shoe was also stamped on ivory, but I cut it out - even inside that little strap that goes around the ankle....ooooo...gotta be careful there; I was thrilled I didn't cut that little strap off!

I then layered the ivory on SU Basic Black, layered on more SU Real Red and SU Basic Black. I decided to emboss the small red layer with the Swiss Dots Folder by Cuttlebug; I really like those dots! I used a silver shimmer pen (not sure who its made by) and then after coloring the shoe, I used the red Atyou Glitter Pen to add a little sparkle; you can't see the sparkle in the pictures, but its great IRL!

If you look closely at the full card, you can see I stamped the strappy sandal inside too; love that look. The inside says "Good friends & good shoes are always in style.", also from the Window Shopping set. Added some black sheer ribbon to finish the card.

But you know me, I couldn't stop at just one card; had to make another one at the same time!

Same layout, just flipped in the other direction and used the 3-step Hibiscus stamp from Kitchen Sink Stamps. The flowers are all done with SU Real Red in various generations. The leaves are done with SU Old Olive also in various generations. The saying "All the flowers" is embossed in black and the inside has the remaining portion of the sentiment, "of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today." What a great quote! This time I choose to add paper piercing to a couple of layers.

I had a GREAT time making these cards; I even had an hour of ALONE time in which to work - ahhh.....what a joy that is, seldom am I alone.

Hope you're having a great weekend; thanks for peeking in. Hugs, ~M.

8 comments:

  1. No surprise here, I'm lovin' the card with the shoe! Great job as always. Love ya, BFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, MIchele that paper is really gorgeous! That shoe stamp just calls to me. I absolutely have a thing with shoes! lol love the flower card too. and the color combo is terrific. very elegant! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh!! I REALLY REALLY need this stamp! LOVE shoes, and your card is just stunning. Thanks Michele - must be something in the name tied into loving shoes huh??!
    have a fab day
    Michelle SBS10

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are gorgeous!! I love that black and white paper you used, plus with the red is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards -- Love the red/black color combination -- so very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous cards! Love the black, red, and white combos. Great images too, fun! Thanks for playing along with our challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the red high heals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shoe card! Great color combo!!
    sbs10

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.