8/5/20

Water coloring through a stencil

Hi friends - how are you doing? I'm doing great - in this odd space of working from home, but also in the office a few days each week. Our office is currently doing a rotational schedule, but my role falls outside of the rotation, so I'm there a bit more random. AND the best part is I am very isoldated where my desk is, so I feel pretty safe being there.

Anywho, a couple of months ago, Amber with Altenew posted a video of water coloring through a stencil; so I gave it a try. I wanted to make a card for a very dear friend going through a dark time. I used Simon's Bouquet of Roses stencil to try the same thing. Once I water colored through the stencil and removed it, I wasn't thrilled. I added some colored pencil which I liked on the flowers, but really disliked on the leaves, LOL - so hard to please! I added some drops of Mermaid Lagoon Distress Spray and set it aside to dry. 

I cut a circle off the edge of Neenah 110 lb card stock and blended through the SSS extra large dot stencil with Broken China distress ink. I stamped the Penny Black Faith sentiment, breaking it up between the cover panel and the inside. Finished it off with several Studio Katia wedding bells sequins.

Thanks for stopping by; hope you are doing great!

Hugs,







WHAT'S IT TAKE:
Stamps:  Penny Black Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.