10/1/19

Mix It Up - Open Technique

Hi friends - welcome to the super fun Mix It Up challenge of Open Technique - use ANY technique you love to do!

I am not great at water coloring, but I keep trying! It's a technique I love seeing others do so inspiration is endless. That's the technique I wanted to try this month AND I used colors I never use. EEEeekkkk!!! But it turned out better than I anticipated. LOL

The large flower and leaves were previously water colored and I added some details with a sharpie; I then colored the small bud to match. Orange is not my gig, but I had this polka dot patterned paper so it just fell together after that. I cut the frame (Die Cuts and More) and then adhered it with dimension, added the floral bouquet in the bottom corner flat with a few pieces of foam adhesive under the leaves. And I love mixing colors of leaves, that's one of my favorite things!

I don't have the matching dies, so I fussy cut the images.



Hope you'll take the time to join us this month at Mix It Up and show us YOUR favorite technique!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE:
Stamps:  SSS Delicate Flowers, MFT More Essential Sentiments
Papers: Neenah 80 and 110 lb. white, misc. designer paper

2 comments:

  1. Love your design ... such a beautiful card! I'm excited to be working with you on this DT! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! You should give yourself more credit... you have some awesome talent! So happy to have you on my design team!
    Hugs,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.