3/8/18

WSU Shockers

Hi friends! Any sports enthusiasts out there? Me, me, me - I LOVE sports, all kinds of sports! If we are watching TV (which I rarely do), I always hope it's on sports; if not, you're most likely going to find my nose in a book.

A friend of mine recently asked me to make a masculine WSU Shocker thank you card - WSU has had a couple decent runs in the NCAA tournament and a couple years ago, had the slogan 'play angry' which was used EVERYWHERE! Their colors are gold and black and let me tell you, their fans are p-a-s-s-i-o-n-a-t-e!!!

So I set about creating a super simple card using Right at Home's Watercolor Background; I just love those stripes! I used Squeezed Lemonade, spritzed lightly with water and then rubbed it around with my finger for a bit of a smoother look since I was using water color (textured) card stock. After it was completely dry, I wanted a bit more of an ombre look, so I painted on some Fossilized Amber (left side).




The THANKS is from Hero Arts Thanks stamp and cut (love those sets); I die cut and stacked 5 black sentiments together, added glue across the bottom and once the glue was completely dry, I added some gold foil; the sentiment is stamped in MFT extreme black. I layered this piece with fun foam on a black base, then a yellow note card. You may be able to glimpse in the photo (just barely), the yellow envelope with some black/white and yellow washi tape included; the same colors were carried over to the inside of the card. I finished it off with some splatters of black paint.

Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a GREAT week!

HUGS!


WHAT'S IT TAKE:
Stamps: Hero Arts Thanks Stamp and Cut
Inks: MFT Extreme Black, Fossilized Amber and Squeeze Lemonade Oxide Inks
Papers: Ranger water color, PTI True Black and Harvest Gold
Accessories: black enamel accents, gold foil, PTI A2 Scalloped Vertical Die

Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.