6/12/14

Owl-ways and Forever - Whimsy and Stars Studio

Hi friends - HAPPY THURSDAY! How ya doing?

It's my last post for Whimsy and Stars Studio, I have sooo enjoyed working with Mabelle and her AMAZING images! For this post, we could use our FAVORITE image, but really? I love so many of her images, so instead, I went with a card our children will give my hubby for Father's Day.

But first, I thought I'd show you just a "few" of my favorites from Whimsy and Stars Studio:
 Whimsy and Stars Studio

Seriously, aren't these some of the most adorable images? And since they are digital, you can have SO MUCH FUN!

OK, so back to my creation; I love the Wintery Owls; they are so cute but my card was so difficult - LOL; just one of those days! :D The image was colored with Copics then for the eyes, I applied a layer of glossy accents, then a layer of black dimensional enamel, then a dot of white dimensional enamel. Then I proceeded to DROP A BOTTLE which landed on the large owl's eyes - yeah, seriously. I redid them. Then I proceeded to put my FINGER in the right eye of the large owl. At this point I could only laugh...and walk away for awhile!
From Millan.Net

The base card is kraft, layered with another kraft panel which was stamped with random stars and clear embossed. I added some Broken China and Faded Jeans distress ink over the stars, then ahered my main panel of PTI Dark Chocolate and more kraft. I cut out the owls and added those with dimensional adhesive. The tree branch is a die form Taylored Expressions which I ran through the crimper. The words "owl-ways" and "forever" were stamped with individual letters, the ampersand came from a PTI set which actually says Mr. & Mrs. - just added tape over the words, inked it up, removed the tape and stamped just the ampersand sign.


And that's it! Thanks for stopping by; I hope you've enjoyed the Spring DT's last blog post - be sure to stop by the Whimsy blog and see all the amazing creations!!

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Whimsy and Stars Studio Wintery Owls
Papers: PTI Kraft and Dark Chocolate
Ink: Broken Chine and Faded Blue Jeans Distress Inks, Versamark
Accessories: clear embossing powder, glossy accents, black and white dimensional enamel, Taylored Expressions Hoot Hoot Hooray Die, paper crimper

Challenges:

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.