5/28/12

Wedding Bells

Alas, there are no bells on this card. LOL

A friend asked me to make a wedding card for her; the colors? Black, silver and purple - aren't they beautiful together?

The dress (I looked the stamp over and over, but have no clue who makes it) is stamped and embossed on vellum paper. I used both sides of the silver paper - the layer beneath the dress is a shimmery white with silver scrolls through it - so beautiful. This particular layer was cut by hand and then both were layered onto Royal Velvet from Papertreyink. There is a small flower and leaves on the backside of the dress - I colored these with Copics - very faint and oh so dainty.

The flower is a combination of Royal Velvet and a paperback book; edged in Royal Velvet and Silver; I added a large sparkly gem flourish as well as a gem to the center of the flower. I also wedged in a couple of pearl pins that I thought were so delicate and pretty.



I finished off the inside by stamping and embossing the "Mr. & Mrs." and added the final sentiment in Royal Velvet "and they lived happily ever after"; rounded a couple corners, added a heart border punch and there you have it.


Of course, it sounds so simple when typing this - yet it took me a week to finish it. LOL Busy schedules and lack of mojo "may" have been a significant impediment. :D

Hope you had a great weekend; see you again soon!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Wedding Dress by ??
Papers: PTI Royal Velvet, Misc. Silver
Ink: SU! Craft Black, PTI Royal Velvet
Accessories: Corner Chomper, Nestabilities, Copics, MS heart border punch, misc. gem flourish, misc. gem, paperback book


Challenges:
  Creative Inspirations
  Sweet Stamps

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, love all the bling.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card- love the pretty colors you used together! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.