4/24/12

Birthdays!

Welcome friends! This week over at the TLT blog we're celebrating with a BIRTHDAY theme! I know I never have enough birthday cards in my stash, so this challenge is perfect - won't you join us?

I used Karen's fantastic Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for the layout - LOVE! Of course, I love about any challenge that allows me to dig into my designer paper stash - love me some My Mind's Eye!!!

Image was colored with Copics; my sweet little doggy is all stretched out on a glittery pillow - just hard to see in the pictures but oh so cute IRL!  :D


The flower is made with 14 count Aida cloth - that idea came from my boss - the Queen! I spritzed the flower layers with some chocolate glimmer mist and tied on a PTI Berry Sorbet button with chocolate baker's twine.

The base layer of designer paper was embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder and I used direct-to-paper ink of PTI Berry Sorbet around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by - hope you'll check out the challenge and then LINK IT UP!!

Hugs,

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: LCI Martini Nikki
Papers: PTI Fine Linen, Berry Sorbet and Dark Chocolate
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, PTI Berry Sorbet
Accessories: nesties, Copics, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Aida Cloth, PTI Berry Sorbet button, Spica glitter pen, PTI scallop die

CHALLENGES:
  Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge
  The Paper Makeup Stamps
  Stampalot Challenge
  The Crazy Challenge
  Card Makin' Mamas
 

19 comments:

  1. Perfect challenge Michele and perfect card. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to have to change my name cuz Peep's are gonna get the wrong idea 'bout me M Pee lol. Just love the colours of your card and of course the flower is super lush with the Baker's twine. Chocolate Glimmer Mist?? Think I'll be needing one of those!! Gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is 'totally fabulous dahlink'! Nikki looks so regal in those lush colours Michele - I see you are back with a BANG!
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Opps thanks for joining us at Stampalot Michele:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really great card Michelle and such a fun image.

    Thanks so much for joining our Birthday celebrations at Stampalot challenge and hope you will join our blog hop as we have lots of super prizes.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and I love that fab flower.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh that's just how i imagine you on your Birfday... Queen M Pee for a day lol...
    Gorgeous colours
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so cute.

    Mr Linky is OK now. Pls, come back at The Crazy Challenge and add your link again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I love this card MP, the colours are fabulous and love the flower!! P x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunner M Pee;)
    loving that flower!Thanks for a great theme,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle this is fabulous , great stamping and fab colours Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love your layout and Nikki is coloured Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your fun and cute card. I also like how you switched up the sketch. Oh and thanks for the idea of using aida cloth for flowers. I have some and in different colors. What a great way to use it. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful card. Pink and brown looks great together. I should try it too :) Thanks so much for joining our Birthday challenge at PMS Digital Makeover Challenge.
    Hugs and smiles,
    Eret

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Michele...great challenge too...I need to make more just Birthday cards and this image is great. Love your colour combo...we both used the same image and did an embossed background..how cool is that.
    Great flower too.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very girly, thanks for playing along with CMM!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are you going to be missed, hope you don't stray too far and we'll be seeing more of you.:>)
    Membership Cards
    Plastic VIP Cards
    scratch cards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.