5/30/10

A Woman's Best Friend (MTSC74)

Everyone has probably heard "a man's best friend"; but you know, sometimes a dog is a "woman's best friend"! I have a very, very dear online friend who lost her dog after 14 years. That's a LONG TIME; the loss is so hard and as is often the case, 'time' heals, but it will take a long, long time!

I loved Mercy's sketch (HERE) and decided to use it for a sympathy card making my dear friend's dog the focal point. Unfortunately, I need a new toner cartridge, so the picture isn't the greatest (sorry CW)!!

The "with sympathy" on the main panel is embossed with clear embossing powder using SU! Craft Chocolate Chip ink. The DP is by Basic Grey and the card stock is PTI's Kraft, Spring Rain & Ripe Avocado. I just love the color combo.

Mulder, may you rest in eternal peace, CW, may you find comfort and peace through friends, family and the many memories of Mulder. Love you dear friend!

For my American friends, hope you enjoy the long Memorial Day weekend! Hugs, ~M.



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: PTI Anniversary Set
Papers: PTI Ripe Avocado, Spring Rain & Kraft, Basic Grey Kioshi DP
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip Kraft
Accessories: nesties, sponging, clear embossing powder, corner chomper

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the loss of your friend's dog. Very sad for her. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice sympathy card, Michele. Perfect colors and how nice to include a photo of the beloved pooch! I'm sure she will cherish it for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card. I love the picture that you put in the middle it is very touching and something that I am sure she will treasure. I have been over to Mercy's and love her sketches too! I hope your friend gets to feeling better soon. I would miss my little furry kid too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card!
    But i'm so sorry about your friend's dog.
    I know that must be so difficult. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.