1/22/09

Hot Diggity Dog!

WOW; I haven't been able to post in ages! We've been very busy but I've also been very ill! :(

I've finished some Valentine card requests, but needed to take a moment (while I felt decent) to whip up a card for the Penny Black "Let's Get Dotty" challenge. We'll see if you think I met the requirements...dots!

Well..that dog has dots...even on her cheeks!! I don't know if it's a he or she...can't see those parts, but for us tonight...it's a girl! This is also a b-day card for a party our teenage daughter is going to this weekend.

This flower and dots are on the inside of the card. I made the flower with a Sizzix Die then colored it pink with SU! Chalks. The top flower was yellow and I made it green using my Copics to match the ribbon on the outside of the card.

Here's the full card using Junkitz Salsa Celebration paper; I have a 6x6 pack that I love to turn to for b-day cards; it's so fun and colorful.

My base card was made using Gina K Designs 120 lb. Pure Luxury white; WOW; this is some serious white card stock. I bought it as they say you can color on it with Copics and it won't bleed through the paper - WOO HOO...of course, I forgot to look at the back side of my doggy to see if the markers bled through; but that's okay. More reason to stamp and test it out! LOL I used SU! Pixie Pink, then the Junkitz paper which I ran through with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder. The wide green polka dot is actually ribbon from a gift I received at Christmas!

I added some bling (Dazzling Diamonds) to the dog's collar and to the flower; hard to see, but nice IRL.

Here's the inside of the card - I dressed it up too - that's becoming so popular! We're going to buy a gift card and tuck it in under the flower with some removal adhesive - what a great girly card, don't you think?

It's so good to see you again; I hope you're having a great week. Hope to see you again soon. Hugs, ~M.

9 comments:

  1. super cute card for the challenge and I love your dotty dog...love the papers too....hope you are feeling better and thanks for playing along this week at PBSc
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!!! I think you did a great job for the challenge....way to go! Love ya, BFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday card. Love it and fab idea about the gift card - hope your daughter enjoys the party
    Thanks for joining us this week on PBSC
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! Such a fun, vibrant card! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that doggy stamp, I have never seen that one before, I feel a spend coming on.......... You did a great job
    hugs
    Enfys x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dog is absolutely adorable!! The birthday card is as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry to hear you have been sick. I hope you are feeling better. We have had the flu junk at our house and it seems like it doesn't leave forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are always very cute! I love them. I am sorry to hear that you have been sick. Hopefully everyone is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.