4/10/08

Tone-on-tone Mother's Day

This is a tone-on-tone, Purely Pomegranate, Mother's Day card I made. I used Gina K's stamp, "my mother, my friend" (by the way, check out Gina's new stamps "Kindred Spirit") and the large swirl from SU's Baroque Motifs. I then added the tiny pearls which I purchased from Ellen Hutson's store.

You will notice I scored the card on all 4 sides, 1/2" in using my Scor-Pal; gives it a neat look I think. It was really hard to get a good picture of the card.

Last night, I spent the evening helping our oldest with a diarama - OH HELP ME!!! :) We got it done and she did a fabulous job; but when I first arrived home there were little pieces of paper ALL OVER THE FLOOR; I tried not to freak, remain calm, finish the project, then we can clean up. HA HA

She presents it tomorrow; we'll see how it goes.

Today our youngest got a rare opportunity to ditch school and take a little trip with his dad. I never ditched school - EVER - but my hubby and his oldest brother did the same thing with their father when they were growing up. In fact, their father went and met with their principal to tell him why he was taking the boys out of school. The principal replied, "I wish more parents took the extra time with their children". So, I didn't put up a fuss as this isn't a regular occurrence; and after losing DH's father 16 months ago at the very young age of 66, I view a lot of things differently.

Anyway, here's the results of their little trip today:

Our son was sooooo very excited; he's also very tired tonight as they walked about 3 miles today - WOW!

I hope you're each having a fabulous week...and don't forget; life is much too short; be sure to stop and smell the flowers!

Hugs, ~M.

1 comment:

  1. baroque motifs is one of my favorite sets from su, I really don't think you can make an ugly card using it, very versitile. I really like going to ellen's store she has such neat things

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.