6/1/20

HB2U - For the Boys

Hey friends - how are you? I'm doing good, our company returns to the office June 1; here's hoping we do not have any issues, kinda scary! I would hate for the world to begin opening up and then see a spike in COVID cases.

This month at Love to Scrap, we are showcasing 'for the boys'; I am the first to admit, I am NOT good with masculine cards. Thankfully, Leslie was so sweet to bounce some ideas around with me and this card was born. Believe me, it had its challenges but I found a way to 'make it work' (said in Tim Gunn's voice - HA)!

I cut 4 squares from a piece of cardboard as my 'stencil'; then blended on various oxide distress inks and topped with this circle stencil and blended the same oxide inks in a heavier layer. While the stencil was still in place, I splattered with white ink; once dry, I stamped the images into the windows. This is a REALLY old Cornish Heritage Farm stamp set (sorry, I cannot find the set online anywhere...like I said, it's very old)! I stamped the images with VersaFine and doggoneit, if I didn't smear the one in the lower right hand corner. SO...time to figure out what to do! I die cut the square out and did the same thing on the inside, didn't add any splatters but I thought it turned out well!



The birthday sentiment (Gift Card Sentiments II) is from MFT and is stamped with the same distress oxide inks.

The sentiment on front was also stamped with VersaFine. Thanks for stopping by; hope you will join us this month, we love seeing your creations!

Hugs,


Various Links Provided Throughout Post

CHALLENGES:

3 comments:

  1. Well, you may think you don't do masculine cards well, but this one is fabulous!!! I love your colored squares and the cute little monsters!! And what a genius idea to save your smeared square!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so cute! I love what you did with the different squares. Great DT submission for the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours and those cute images. Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.