3/11/19

Umbrella Girl

I colored this image in one of the previous Kathy Racoosin 30-day coloring challenges, but I had never found the perfect time to use it on a card...till now. Our youngest daughter, who is in college, had asked for a card quite some time ago (*gasp*) and I FINALLY found a unique opportunity to surprise her with a special card.

Since the image was already colored (love this set from Colorado Craft Company, and even though it's labeled as a 'sympathy' set; the image works great), I just needed to pull the card together; which happened pretty quickly. I love the added sentiments stickers, I keep these in my stash and typically use when doing a mixed media card. I added a super cute umbrella from PTI and sponged the edges with white - although nearly impossible to see in the photo - LOL!



The bottom third of the card is actually diagonal striped vellum although you can't see the stripes; I tied on some gray seam binding, added the stickers and then finished it off with glossy accents for the rain. Such a fun image!

Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a GREAT week ahead.

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE:
Stamps: Colorado Craft Company Sympathy, Cover Up: Grid Stamp
Inks: Old Paper Distress Ink, Hero Hues Unicorn
Papers: PTI Sweet Blush, misc. DP, vellum from PTI (no longer available - sorry), SSS Fog
Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.