3/1/19

Age is merely a number - Mix It Up Challenge

Hi there! A dear friend of mine recently had a birthday and I am forever inspired by Melissa (click to see her blog); I really love following her on Instagram and absolutely ADORE how she adds subtle details to her backgrounds as well as the way she layers. I thought this would be a unique twist on the Mix It Up Challenge for March - inked background; it's subtle, but it's inked all over. ;)
I am also well known for making the birthday card part of the gift; I write on a sticky note inside the card, then they can remove the sticky note and use the card for someone else's birthday.

I stamped the Peony Blossoms from Altenew (small and medium size) in Buttercream and the leaves in Warm Sunshine all over a piece of Lemon Tart card stock for the base layer. Once finished, I added a polka dot stencil and sponged with Buttercream. I stamped and die cut several images from MFT's Peaceful Flowers (no longer available, sorry) using both the Lemon Tart, Warm Sunshine and Mountain Mist for the stems. I die cut a couple ovals, stamped the focal sentiment in Warm Sunshine then added more of the Peony Blossoms in Buttercream; tied on some ribbon and began layering the flowers.



Love how I was able to use some scrap designer paper for a pop of color under the sentiment! Thanks for stopping by; hope you'll join us this month over at Mix It Up - we would love to see your creations!!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE:
Stamps: Penny Black Birthday Love, Altenew Peony Blossoms, MFT Peaceful Flowers (no longer available)
Inks: Altenew Warm Sunshine, Lemon Tart, Mountain Mist
Papers: PTI Lemon Tart, Neenah 80 lb. white, misc. dp
AccessoriesMFT Pierced oval die, misc. ribbon, MFT Peaceful Flowers dies (no longer available), MFT blueprints

Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.