10/30/17

ctd466

Did you see this week's color throwdown (ctd466)?  Such beautiful fall colors, I absolutely adore them-and they aren’t colors I normally use when creating. But that’s half the fun right; giving you a chance to step out of your comfort zone and create something new and different. Even more amazing? I didn’t create with florals! LOL


I used this fun stamp set from Avery Elle, Brushed-I used distress inks to stamp the stripes at different lengths and at this point I totally changed my plan, and used the fun funky blueprints to cut the main panel. I then embossed the happy birthday and splatters in Ranger gold. The 'happy birthday' didn't pop much, so I added a shadow with a white gel pen, layered it on some sparkle gold from MFT, and then created a top panel embossing the stripes and highlighting with gold Delicata ink.




I mounted everything on a top folding card base, and decorated the inside also. Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a great week!

Hugs!


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Avery Elle Brushed
Papers: MFT Sparkle Gold, Pure Plum, PTI Vintage Cream
Accessories: MFT blueprints, Ranger Gold embossing powder, white gel pen, embossing folder

Challenges:

ctd466

1 comment:

  1. That's such a great brushed stamp and I love how you used it. Great card! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.