10/13/17

Happy, happy birthday daddy-o!!

I am horrible at SENDING cards; yes - true confession! I'm much better about giving them in person as a gift, I don't write in them so they can use them in the future - like I did with THIS card. :D

BUT I got a wild hair and thought, I'll send my daddy-o a card for his birfday - yes, I call them birfdays and I think they are the greatest HOLIDAY ever!! If you don't follow my Instagram account, well you've clearly missed out on my insane excitement over my personal birfday!! I'm only 26, but I live it big each and every year. And yes, my oldest is 21 and I know you are REALLY struggling with the math, but it's all good, just go with the flow kids! ;)

His birthday was yesterday but in case snail mail hasn't arrived yet, I waited a day to post it.


I was browsing Pinterest for ideas and saw one similar to this and could quickly put my hands on the exact items I wanted to use. #bonus #stillorganizing

I created the background using Distress Oxide inks, sprayed my hand with water and dropped on some big water splotches...and some little ones. I then cut the background with MFT Blueprints 15. Meanwhile, I stamped the hippo, party hat and balloons and colored with Copics, then die cut. Envelope was cut from Reverse Confetti's True Love designer paper, I opened up the flap and tucked my little hippo inside as if he's floating up to the sky with his balloons.


I adhered everything together and placed on a black note card decorating the inside too. I really struggled to get a good photo of the inside of the card as my glossy accents from the front were R-U-N-N-I-N-G (also known as no patience, or possibly a last minute crafter)! See, I'm all about those true confessions! HA!


Thanks for stopping by; see you again soon!

Hugs!


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: MFT Happy Hippo
Papers: Neenah 80 lb. white, Bristol, PTI True Black, Reverse Confetti True Love
Accessories: MFT Happy Hippo dies, Copics, envelope die, MFT Blueprints 15, white gel pen

Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.