9/19/14

Crafts 4 Eternity - show us your...STYLE!

Hello crafty friends - how are you?

We are back this week with a fantastic recipe - SHOW US YOUR STYLE! We want to see your signature style - vintage, clean and simple, shabby, etc. One lucky participant will win 4 free images from Sassy Studio Designs. And don't forget to stop by and see if you were a winner from last week AND check out all the amazing design team creations while you are there!

My favorite style is when I have plenty of time and can add lots of layers and embellishments to a card - doesn't happen often. :D I hear clean and simple (CAS) is all the rage right now but even my CAS style tends to have a few more layers than a TRUE CAS. HA HA!! Can't help myself.

This particular card is for a very, very dear friend who lost her mother unexpectedly - it still causes me to catch my breath and leaves my heart in the pit of my stomach. So sudden, totally unexpected and THAT is the life cycle. :( Still makes me uber sad.

Anyway, as you can see, tons of layers and matting. I incorporated the JUGS challenge (JUGS258) of water color with the large flower and used Verve Visual's MOJO layout (MOJO363). The image was colored with 2 distress markers and spritzed with water then stamped on to Strathmore water color paper. I then spritzed the entire circle with MFT's Sheer Shimmer Mist...but that wasn't quite enough sparkle so I covered each petal with clear Wink of Stella. Tough to see IRL; but its super shimmery!

I added a woodgrain heart, colored with Copics and a heavy layer of glossy accents. A vellum flag, some machine stitching, and pearls finish it off.



Thanks for stopping by; hope you take some time this week to show us YOUR STYLE! Have a great weekend!

Hugs,

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Verve Visual Dream Big and Forever in Our Hearts
Papers: PTI Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Spring Rain, MFT Whip Cream, Strathmore Water Color paper, DP by MME, Vellum
Ink: MFT Hot Fudge (sentiment), Distress Markers, Old Paper Distress Ink for sponging
Accessories: Verve Visual Rounded Scalloped Frame, Viva Decor pearls, chocolate pearls, white pearled colored w/Copics, clear Wink of Stella, Janome Sew Mini, glossy accents, PTI small scalloped edge, Cuttlebug embossing paper, MFT Stitched Circle Die

Challenges:
 Just Us Girls - Watercolor
 Mojo Monday 363 (MOJO363)

 Hobbybook - embossing
 Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog - embossing
 Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Shades of Blue
 Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog - die cut or punch

4 comments:

  1. I really liked your post about Crafts 4 Eternity - show us your...STYLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely..Thank you for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty. And good luck.

    Caz xx PPC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathy cards are really hard to make but you have done a wonderful job. It's beautiful! Thank you for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card. thank you for sharing with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.