4/4/14

Crafts for Eternity - Anything But a Card

Hi friends - welcome back!! This week at Crafts 4 Eternity we are showing you Anything But a Card and boy, did I have fun with this one. Of course, what looks so simple and easy, took quite a bit of time as there are so many small details! And you know, I couldn't make just ONE, I had to make FOUR! LOL

This weeks prize is kindly donated by Crafty Sentiments Designs. One randomly selected winner will receive 3 Digital images from their fabulous collection.

So I made these tags - I just love this die from Memory Box; it's perfect whether you use the matching stamp or not. I printed the Cup of Kindness image from Whimsy and Stars Studio on Copic XPress It paper, then cut with the MB Distress Tag. I colored the Cup of Kindness image with Copics, but also printed just the cups repeatedly on some MME designer paper, then fussy cut each cup. I layered on the paper pieces to the cups, colored the center of each flower with clear Wink of Stella, then added a dot of glossy accents. The sentiments are all from PTI Round and Round and were stamped and embossed on vellum. I just folded the sides of the vellum to create the faux double-edged tag and snipped the ends.




Before paper piecing the cups and vellum, I sponged the edges of the tags with Broken China distress ink. For two of the tags, I sandwiched in a spritzed doily. The back side of each tag is another piece of designer paper, so you can easily add a message; I then finished the tags off with 3 different colors of twine, perfect for tying on to a gift sack or giving just as they are!

Thanks for stopping by for a Cup of Kindness; hope you like the tags! Have a great week and be sure to join us at Crafts 4 Eternity!!


Hugs,

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Whimsy and Stars Studio Digital Image Cup of Kindness
Papers: DP by MME, vellum, VersaFine Black
Ink: Broken China Distress Ink
Accessories: Memory Box Distressed Tag, Copics, twine, glossy accents, clear Wink of Stella, doily, Glimmer Mist, Mister Huey, clear embossing powder

Challenges:

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tags Michele fabulous image & colouring have a great weekend hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous tags Michele. I love the colours. Very nice :)
    Best wishes Lea
    www.cardsbybrawny.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.