3/23/13

May God Bless You - Gift Set

We have someone that has done something special two years in a row with our volleyball team, so I wanted to make them a little gift and really, what's better than handmade greeting cards? I kept them super simple but added some fun packaging!

Color scheme was the same across the board; each little arrow was edged with PTI Aqua Mist, glued onto Aqua Mist paper and then I hand cut the next arrow also edging it with the same ink - really makes the arrow pop (IMHO). I mixed up the papers and sewed around the main panel - super quick (if you have two good arms - HA), clean and simple!!!




With my shoulder, it's taken me a few days to finish the project, but who cares, as long as they love it I consider it a success. I hope to give it to them this next week.

The bag and doily are from Mish Mash's shop - it was actually a spring-time themed packaging, I just used the sack and doily on this piece. :D Not sure what Michelle sprayed the sack with (for the white) but its super cute IRL!! Thanks for popping in - hope you have a great weekend!

Hugs, ~M.

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Verve Visual Wonderfully Made and Richly Blessed
Papers:DP by Basic Grey, PTI Aqua Mist and Berry Sorbet
Ink: PTI Aqua Mist and Berry Sorbet
Accessories: Nesties, Kraft Bag, doily, PTI Berry Sorbet button, misc. twine, Janome Sew Mini

Challenge:
  VLVMAR2013

2 comments:

  1. ooh these are fab... i love those papers
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful take on the sketch! GREAT job!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.