3/16/13

Congratulations!

Yeah, today we're singing Beyonce's song: Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)! LOL!

A customer requested these cards - which were made many moons ago for two couples that got engaged; both cards have the same colors, just different base circles - one is scalloped, one is polka dots. On the white card, I used a couple Copics to color in the swirls to give it a bit more interest. Everything else was stamping, embossing - wet and dry, pearls and punches!




On the insides, I inked up the word "Congratulations" in PTI Pure Poppy then wiped off the first "O"; I then stamped that "O" in silver and added a little gem on top to signify a ring.

Thanks for popping in; if you'd like to know what's going on personally after my surgery; you can read some additional information below. Have a great weekend!!


Hugs, ~M.

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Verve Visual Hope Blooms
Papers: DP by Bo Bunny, PTI True Black and Pure Poppy
Ink: PTI Pure Poppy, SU! Craft Black
Accessories: nesties, Copics, black embossing powder, gems, pearls, MS heart border punch, Verve Visual Jotted Heart Die

PERSONAL NOTE: Surgery was 2/13/13; they removed 3 calcium deposits; however, when the largest deposit was removed, it left a small hole in my rotator cuff which had to be sutured back together - so recovery was not what we were hoping for; but certainly manageable. I wore a sling 24/7 for 4 weeks; came out of the sling just about a week ago and that's when trouble came back to visit.

Prior to surgery, I had pain in my bicep and elbow, but I think the doctors - and me - believed it was all referred pain from the deposits; the one deposit was very large and it's rather uncommon to have 3 deposits! Unfortunately, the shoulder is great but my bicep and elbow are on fire. While in the sling, I never used my upper arm, but out of the sling, the pain returned within 2 days and some days just as bad as before surgery. We quickly discovered there are LOTS of PT exercises I cannot do because the pain is so severe.

I think the best/easiest way to explain it is something that has a little bit of pain, but overall minimal (think like something stuck in mud - doesn't really move); then you correct the big thing - shoulder - and it allows blood/movement of the nerve and you're in all kinds of trouble. It's definitely my median nerve. :(

The therapist is contacting the surgeon, first we'll try some medication to ease the nerve pain so I can continue regaining range of motion of my shoulder; once we have regained that, we can begin to do some things for the median nerve - it's tough as both issues are in the same arm; can't quit exercising the shoulder as then I'll have scar tissue build up, etc. Surgery is a possibility but most likely, I'll be referred to a neurologist.

Right now? I try to take it one day at a time and pray we can get it all fixed without surgery! I appreciate your thoughts & prayers too!!!

6 comments:

  1. i ma singing along.. can you hear me ?? loving these cards .. the colours and the bling!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back creating M Pee and both fab cards, love that colour combo.
    Just read your medical update, sorry to hear you are still in pain and I hope it gets sorted soon
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Michele. I hope they're able to get you "fixed" without additional surgery! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a happy face! Your card is beautiful, but hate the bad arm news. Icky icky icky. Thoughts and prayers your way deary. Hope it heals and you get some relief soon! Hugs, Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Michele - I'm so sorry to hear about your arm/shoulder issues! Bummer. That sounds awful. I sure hope there is something they can do to help you. I've been having some shoulder issues myself. Not sure what's going on, as I haven't seen a doctor about it. Prayers headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card hun and thank you for popping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment...means a lot!!

    I am sorry to hear you have a bad arm hun and wish you a speedy recovary!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.