6/9/12

Mountain Dew Belly Man - Big Birthday

HA - he's not called that at all (referring to the title)! He's actually Beer Belly Man but since we don't drink and I'm using this for hubby's upcoming b-day (big 5-0*) card, no way was I going with beer. LOL BUT hubby does love Mountain Dew, so he's got nothing but yellow/green Mountain Dew in that mug!

Another super quick post as we are in another basketball tournament this weekend - 2 games yesterday and we're getting ready to leave for our 2nd game today; no telling how many more to go - we'll see. They played GREAT this morning, so hoping for many more wins this weekend!

I had this layout and these papers from MANY MANY months ago - one of those projects that went all wrong - but I salvaged these pieces and decided they would work perfectly for this image.

And like the lovely Julie, I flipped Beer Belly Man - another awesome trick you can do with digital images!! I added some glossy accents to the Mountain Dew; colored the image with Copics and that's it - pretty quick and easy since all the layers, distressing and sponging had been done long ago!

Thanks for stopping by; oh, and before I forget, crazy Queen Whiplash (don't ask, long story) is offering Beer Belly Man for £1.50. 


*Yes, my hubby totally robbed the cradle since I'll only be 35 a few days before he turns 50!!??!!

... no beer in our beer mug ...  :D


Hugs,

WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Ladybug Crafts Ink Beer Belly Man
Papers: PTI Spring Moss, True Black, GKD White, DP by MME
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (inside)
Accessories: nesties, Copics, glossy accents, Heidi Swapp distressor

5 comments:

  1. Lol I love mountain dew belly man M Pee! Fab colouring Mrs and well flipped! Wish I'd thought of that!
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lol... i love the mountain Dew .. i drank gallons of it when we were in Florida..
    LOve the papers too... a fab card! He will love it !
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous male card Michele and happy bday to the hubster! Gorgeous coloring and I love that he's got some Dew in his mug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mountain Dew...that brings back memories of when I lived in California :)
    Fab card, love the colours and distressing. Hope the tournament goes well :)
    Hugs Sally xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving Dew Belly Guy! "flipping fab"! Love the effect on the glass, fabaroonie! Have a good week,Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.