5/19/10

Garden Fairies are in 'de house!

Ah....come now, isn't this little fairy the cutest? It's called Nap Time Fairy by Repeat Impressions - I LOVE the image!!! It has been a few weeks since I've been able to stamp just for fun so I decided Sunday night to use Jen's SFYTT (Sketch For You To Try) and ink up this adorable Nap Time Fairy. Also looking to double the fun - so I made TWO cards!

I colored each of the flowers, stems and leaves using Copics, one bright and one lighter both matching the various colors in the DP and card stock. Each fairy has glitter on its wings - two different kinds. On the lighter colored version I used Pink Shimmerz, then added Crystal Effects on top - REALLY hard to see in the picture. The other I applied Crystal Effects and then sprinkled on some glitter - MUCH easier to see, but both look sparkly IRL!!

The green swirled strip of DP is actually the reverse side of the polka dot DP - isn't it marvelous? Oh yes, MME has the BEST paper; just love all their lines of paper!

I finished each card with a button, ribbon and twine. Thanks for stopping by, let me know what you think of my new fairies that have come to play! (***REALLY wish they were cleaning fairies***).

Have a GREAT week; hugs, ~M.



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Repeat Impressions Nap Time Fairy
Papers: PTI Sweet Blush & Berry Sorbet, DP by MME (Quite Contrary), GKD 80 lb. White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI Vintage Cream & Sweet Blush
Accessories: copics, nesties, twine, ribbon, buttons, sponging

4 comments:

  1. Cute little fairy! :)
    I love how you placed her on top of the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous AND adorable, Michele!! Great layout and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pssst... u won blog candy :)
    http://iheart2stamp.com/2010/05/19/heroes-a-winner/

    i normally don't track people down, but i want u to have the set :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cards are beautiful Sandy
    purusty@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.