3/25/10

So you think you can color?

Other blog post titles I could have used: I have kissed so many frogs or Pucker Up or Have I found my prince? Just a few that spring to mind - LOL!!

Actually, Crissy is having this amazing design team call - check it out HERE and while you're there, join in and submit something too! Crissy is the most amazing artist - I cannot fathom being able to draw like she does...you know the likes of me? I can only draw stick figures and even then, I'm sure you'd question THAT ability!! Check out her creations; she designs for several different companies and does amazing work, you'll be glad you visited!

Now back to my creation. I love to color, I would color hours on end with my little babes, alas they have grown up and really aren't in to coloring anymore. Oh, what is a mom to do? Buy Copics and practice learning to color all over again! HA!

My boss's wife turns 50 this Sunday so I made her a card using Crissy's "Herby the Frog", cute little froggy eh? I love him very, very much...spots and all! I purchased several of Crissy's digi stamps and can't wait to color them up!

For this card, I used Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #61; I love the sketch! Such a fun one, I know I'll use it time and time again! I printed Herby twice and colored both, the 2nd image I cut out and mounted on top of the first image with dimensionals for a fabby 3D effect. I also added Crystal Effects to his spots and his eyes; they're all smooth and shiny.

The inside of the card says "See you made it through another year without "croaking"!" I so *heart* the quote; always makes me laugh. My boss's wife HATES celebrating birthdays...hmph, that girl don't know what she's missing! I try to milk mine for a minimum of 6 months no matter how old I am. Just ask my friends and co-workers; for some reason they think I'll eventually grow up and outgrow my fascination of celebrating my birthday (like wearing a tiara all day - even out to lunch, blowing bubbles, waving my wand, etc....yes, I've really done all these things)...I wouldn't count on that happening any time soon!

Anyway, I digress. I hope she likes the card; at least I didn't do it in BLACK!!! :D

Thanks for peeking in; I love when you visit! Hugs, ~M.



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Crissy Armstrong's Herby the Frog, Quote ?
Paper: Neenah Solar White, PTI Summer Sunrise & Ripe Avacado, DP by MME's
Ink: Versamagic Green
Accessories: nesties, glitter buttons, Copics, Crystal Effects

1 comment:

  1. This has to be the cutest little frog I have seen! I love it! The card layout is so fun!

    Guess what? I bought a few stamps from Verve! I am in the process of inking up the Easter Set now. Got a few small orders. I liked some of the stamps you have used from them so I thought I would check them out too...darn it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.