3/18/10

50th Wedding Anniversary - Truly Golden

WOW - 50 years - that's a long time, ya know? A friend asked me to make a card for her in-laws 50th wedding anniversary celebration coming up; colors are cream & gold and they wanted me to incorporate the couple's wedding photo.

I really had a ton of fun making this card - well, the part where I broke my Big Shot Die Cutting Machine was NOT so fun - but beyond that, fun!

No, I didn't get a new Big Shot...wanted one, called Michael's, they said they had one, drove there over lunch...they didn't have one. URGH, bought a Cuttlebug; it'll work, but I like the Big Shot better! Alas, the Cuttlebug allowed me to finish the card, so all is good!

K, 'nuf of that nonsense! The base of the card is 5.75" x 7" with the front flap being about 1/4" less in width which just gives you a peek of those beautiful scalloped hearts - oh how I *heart* my scalloped heart punch! As you can see, I used it on the outside of the card too! All edges of the card were sponged with Encore gold.

For the main cream panel I used the letterpress technique (details at Taylor's blog <---- click here) sponging gold on the stencil. I then added a layer of brushed gold card stock and another layer of cream. The picture is in between these two panels and both panels were mounted with dimensionals. Got some serious dimension going on here folks! HA! I also used a standard & scalloped nestability oval to get the scalloped frame around the picture; just love that!

I tied on some gold ribbon and then I used my bow easy (<---- click here) to create a 3 loop bow which I tied onto the ribbon with the gold cord, I then tied on the two charms (heart & key) with the same gold cord and then finished it in a bow.

The inside says "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller"; and then the lower right-hand corner says "Happy Anniversary".

I hope the couple is half as thrilled as I was to make their card; I pray their day is abundantly and richly blessed. And...congratulations on 50 years...that's a long time! Hope I see 50 years and more with my sweet love!

Thanks for stopping by; I really appreciate your visit! Hugs, ~M.



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: PTI
Paper: PTI Cream, GKD 80 lb. Cream, SU! Brushed Gold, Misc. DP
Ink: Encore Gold
Accessories: ribbon, gold cord, charms, nestability dies, dimensionals, impressionabilities, Cuttlebug

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS CARD!!!!! What a wonderful idea. You ROCK!!!! Love ya, BFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this is a beautiful card. I am sure they will love it! You did a great job!

    Hey guess what? I ordered for the first time from Ellen Hutson and the day after I placed the order they shipped it out! Can you believe that? I hope I get it tomorrow...got some Easter stamps need to get crackin' on!

    Take care sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.