9/1/09

We Can't Wait to Meet You!

Greetings friends! I had a friend request a baby card for expectant parents of a little girl. I used Taylor's sketch (TESC80) for the layout.

I used Verve Visual's "Practically Perfect" stamp set - isn't this little bunny adorable?? I colored her with Copics and then used the Colorless Blender to give her a furry kind of look...how did I do?

I added clear glitter to her necklace, bow and the swirls around her. The paper is from Hobby Lobby - trying to use up my scraps before my scraps take over my craft room. LOL

The image is stamped and layered using Nestability Dies; I added 1 button from my stash and 2 buttons from Papertreyink. Notice, I left my buttons NAY-KED, are you okay with that? Our middle daughter agreed they looked okay! :D

The outside says "A baby is a bit of stardust blown from the hand of God"; the inside says "Congrats" and in the lower right-hand corner, "We can't wait to meet you."

Such a fun card to make; I hope the parents enjoy it - maybe they'll put it in her baby book!

Thanks for popping in; I hope you're having a great week. Hugs, ~M.



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Verve Visual Practically Perfect
Ink: PTI Scarlet Jewel, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: DP from Hobby Lobby, PTI Hibiscus Burst & Scarlet Jewel
Accessories: ribbon, buttons, Copics, nestability dies, spica atyou glitter pen

2 comments:

  1. Michele~

    Oh my gosh...how absolutely adorable is that bunny?! Your coloring is wonderful, and I do see the furry look you created using the colorless blender! I need to get one of those :] The NAY-KED buttons are a clever complement to that main image...I love how you nestled them together on the edge of the circle. I will be CASEing that idea! LOL Oh, and that paper...YUM. I love the patterned paper you picked up from Hobby Lobby (jealousy pang...we don't have a Hobby Lobby here but I LOVE their store!), and I also love the combination of Scarlett Jewel and Hibiscus Burst! I will be using those colors together also :]

    As for the craft thread I use on my cards (thank you for the compliment btw), I use the thread you would cross stitch with. So, depending on how it's twisted (some skeins are tight and some aren't) it looks like I'm using several different pieces, but it's truly only one. Does that make sense?? I will say that ever since I bought my first batch of craft thread it has been INVALUABLE! I used it all the time, especially on buttons. I've bought over a hundred skeins since then also :) It's turning into a problem...really! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER pretty card. Love the colors and how you did the inside!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.