9/29/09

MOJO105

I made this card last week for a co-worker that is leaving us for a different job - we're so going to miss her!

I used the MOJO105 sketch for the layout and tossed together some papers that were already on my desk.

And do you remember me commenting recently about how best to use my HOURS waiting at practice for my little people? That covers volleyball practice, baseball practice, football practice and we did have softball practice, but that has ended now. So I spend several hours at their practices and struggle to find a way to cart my stuff around and get cards made, etc. I never have a big enough stash made up and I always have special orders to work on. Well, I had stamped & embossed several of these flowers from Verve's Thankful Blossoms onto Basic Grey's Porcelain paper; I took them to a practice and worked on cutting them out. I FINALLY got to put some of them to use in this card! YIPPEE - feels like victory to me!

I edged all the papers with SU! Close to Cocoa for a soft distressed feel/look. I cut the flower out 4 times - yes, 4 times and layered it with pop dots for extreme dimension - don't ya love that?

I thought the Kraft paper was a little plain, so I clear embossed the flower all over the Kraft - I like the little pop it added to the card.

OK, today I have a funny for you - these don't happen all that often! I took our oldest to the orthodontist today (she's isn't feeling great - she has a nasty cough and her chest hurts); anyway, she is the TOUGHEST kid I know; she NEVER cries. I almost pass out at some of the stuff they do, but she is steel! They have pulled a tooth with NO anesthetic, they have lasered open the roof of her mouth to expose a tooth that is seriously out of place, etc.

Anyway, today the doctor & nurse were joking about how strong she is and she's so quiet, she never says a word. The doctor was joking how she's a much tougher patient than I would be. I commented "just wait till you get my next kid in here". The next one will need braces also and she really, really dislikes the dentist. Granted she has a right to! She's had 2 oral surgeries, false teeth at the age of 4 due to an accident, a bike accident that split her upper lip - had to have stitches, couldn't eat, etc., etc. You get the picture. She's been thr0ugh a lot and at just the mention of braces, she cries.

So the nurse is talking with me and the oldest is talking to the orthodontist; he points at her and he's laughing. I'm like "what did she say"; my oldest says "I told them you'd have to EUTHANIZE to do work on her"; I just crack up and say "yeah, something like that". So we leave and I tell my daughter what that word means; as a typical teen, she shrugs her shoulders and says "so".

Yeah - SO! It STILL makes me laugh!

I'm glad you stopped by; I hope you have a great week. I really like when you visit! Hugs, ~M.



WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: Verve Visual Thankful Blossoms,
Ink: SU! Craft black
Paper: PTI's Sweet Blush & Kraft, SU! Barely Banana, Basic Grey's Porcelain
Accessories: clear embossing powder, EK Success border punch

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is beautiful Michele! You are amazing!!! Love ya, BFF

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.