5/3/09

Dots & Baseball

Hey there, how's everyone doing? Life has been so busy - insanely busy! I had a request a few weeks ago for a Thank You card for a friend's daughter's orthodontist. Anyone that has put their child through braces knows that swell of joy when the braces come off and the teeth look PHENOMENAL!!!

Our oldest is currently in braces - we have about 9 months left to go. Anyway, I had the toughest time coming up with a card - I couldn't find any 'dental' type DP but one night while lying in bed I had an A-HA moment. Yes, I'm blonde and these moments can be big ya know! LOL

I knew I wanted the card to be bright and I decided to use JustRite's small letter set to say just what they wanted to say (well, they didn't TELL me what they wanted to say, but I had a pretty good idea)!! "A Perfect Smile...Thanks To You...". The base card is SU! Regal Rose layered with Gina K's 80 lb. Pure Luxury white card stock. I stamped the sentiment in SU! Pumpkin Pie, SU! Regal Rose, SU! Close to Cocoa and SU! Chocolate Chip. I cut the polka dot strip of DP and layered it on Regal Rose...but the card still lacked something - too much white with the letters being small. So I kept working, not sure how to 'make it work' to my liking, but alas, it was late and I knew it would come to me. I stamped the main sentiment in Chocolate Chip and punched it out with a Marvy Circle Punch, I then layered it onto SU! Regal Rose and SU! Pumpkin Pie; as you can see the SU! Pumpkin Pie circle has scallops, so of course I had to add some white polka dots. I sponged the white card stock with both SU! Regal Rose & SU! Close to Cocoa. Added the large pink button tied it off with some hemp and white ribbon.

Once I decided to put the button in the center, I immediately knew how to finish off the rest of the card - add some polka dots. So I added polka dots (all 2nd generation, meaning they were inked and stamped off once before stamping onto the white card stock) in various colors inside each sentiment.

I delivered the card at 7 a.m. Friday morning and was DELIGHTED to hear they really liked it. I'm sure the orthodontist will appreciate it too - handwritten thank you cards have almost become extinct...unfortunately!!

And last is another brief slide show of baseball - oh how I love baseball season. I'm not sure if ANYONE gets as excited as I do about a baseball tournament! I love the other boys on the team, I love the parents, I love our coaches...oh I just love it!!! We played in Hutchinson about an hour away. We met at our Corner Mart at 7 a.m. and headed over. We got back into town, but I had another appointment, by the time we got all that done and arrived back home it was 6 p.m. We ended up having 3 other kids at our house to play - so that was six kids. Sometimes I think I'm insane! We played charades and had a BLAST!!!

This slide show features two of our coaches, they are AMAZING...they have the patience of a saint - thank goodness as I know our son can push the envelope. Poor guy. You can also see Coach Smitty in shorts, he was walking by as I took the picture. Our son is convinced he can't hit the ball (even though he had 2 RBI's earlier this year) so when he strikes out he comes unglued. He's #8 and typically plays 2nd base. He also pitched briefly this weekend and did fantastic - threw some serious strikes!! K...enough of me discussing my delight in baseball! BUT I will add our middle daughter has had 2 softball games and they have SPANKED the other teams. They are seriously good!!!

Thanks for stopping by, leave me some love and let me know you visited!! Hugs, ~M.




1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.