2/3/08

Hanna's Perfect Package

Greetings - it's Super Bowl Sunday...anyone watching the game? We are and I'm hollerin' here and there; if they would just LISTEN TO ME! LOL!!

Are you happy with the team that won? As I type this, it's halftime and I'm listening to Tom Petty - man, that dude has been around forever eh?

Our oldest attended a b-day party today; she just received the invitation Friday at school so we were scrambling to get a card done this morning. I let our daughter pick the colors, the image and all that good stuff.

A girl after her momma's own heart; isn't anything chocolate and pink scrumptious?

The base card is SU's Ivory layered with SU's DP; then some pink misc. DP I've had forever; I wish you could see more of the words on the pink paper - that top portion really says "it's a girl thing"...just can't see it all.

I stamped Hanna on Ivory paper and used SU's ticket punch for each corner. The package she is wrapping is paper pieced with the same pink paper. The box in the lower left-hand corner is all paper pieced with the brown polka dot paper and the pink paper as the ribbon. I added Crystal Effects to her shirt...can't see it in the photo; but it's a nice 3D effect. I used my new copics to color Hanna - how did I do?

See the two flowers? Yeah, that bottom flower used to be pure white!!! L@@K - it's chocolate now; isn't that cool? The copics made it a nice chocolate color which matched perfectly. Added the pink polka dot flower and a chocolate brad. We finished it off with some peony dew drops from Ellen Hutson's store.

My daughter liked it, so hopefully the b-day girl did to!

I hope you've had a great weekend; thanks for peeking in. Leave a comment to say hello; I always love hearing from you!

Have a great week; hugs, ~M.

5 comments:

  1. I think the little girl will love the card. You did a nice job with your copics :) Tom Petty has been around forever...he did a good 1/2 time show, but I kept thinking someone else was going to join him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pink and chocolate is always a good pick!! it's a great card...i was hoping stevie nicks would make an appearance with tom...they are very good friends!!! and she is my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card, I think the birthday girl is goint to love it. The color combination is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michele,
    great card! Pink and chocolate, who could resist. I'm sure your daughters friend loved this card.
    1/2 time was great, but the last 1/4 of the game was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect card for a little girl. I'm sure she loved it. Lisa SBS10

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.