4/1/20

MIUCB #36 - Fancy Fold

Hi friends - welcome back; so glad you are here!!

This month at Mix It Up, it's Anything Goes as always, BUT if you want to join in with the Fancy Fold challenge, we'd love to see your creations!

Let's be honest; we're friends, right? I am not good at fancy folds when it comes to cards; I'm not an engineer like Jennifer McGuire - LOL; and truth? I suck at math! So, I set about doing something a bit different for my fancy fold!

I colored up this gorgeous image from Gina K and Hero Arts, Friendship Blooms with some watercolors and finished with colored pencils. I fussy cut the image and added lots of splatters in white and black. I then cut the flowers diaganolly, folded over the ends of the image and hid the message below the flowers. I saw someone else do something similar recently and was definitely inspired! BUT...I needed a way for it to stay closed, so I added a heat embossed vellum belly band, sentiment from Altenew Simply the Best.


New manicure needed; dry cuticles from so much washing! ;) 

I sponged on colors to both white pieces (outside / inside) to tie it all together. It's truly not a fancy fold, but I still thought it was unique and fun!

Thanks for stopping by; hope you join us for Mix It Up where it's Anything Goes or Fancy Fold!

Hugs,

WHAT'S IT TAKE:
Stamps:  Gina K and Hero Arts Friendship Blooms, Altenew Simply the Best
PapersNeenah 80 lb. whiteNeenah 110 lb. white, PTI True Black, misc. Striped Paper
Accessories: colored pencils, white gouache, watercolors, black Folkart pain from Hobby Lobby, white embossing powder, MFT blueprints

CHALLENGES:

2 comments:

  1. What a cool card Michele!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully coloured blooms Michele. Background matches perfectly. Great idea with the vellum.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.