6/1/19

Mix It Up Challenge - Inlaid Die Cutting

Hi friends - it's that time again; another super fun challenge from Mix It Up - please join us; you can do the 'twist' or 'anything goes'!

I love this rose overlay die from MFT (looks like they no longer carry it, BUT they do have scribble roses and it would work great too)!

I already had the hot pink outline of the rose so I die cut another rose out of orange polka dot paper and inlaid those pieces into the rose. I then used MFT's layered leaves, die cut from scraps of designer paper and inlaid those.

The background is cut with Penny Black's Antique Frame from Tim Holtz watercolor paper. Using a rainbow of distress oxide inks, I swiped them direct to paper; spritzed with water and soaked up the spots - it left a cool oxidation which ties in to the designer paper I used as pieces of it have a 'worn' look to it, although hard to see.


I added some fun foam to the focus point and mounted on some yellow card stock and white card base.

Thanks for stopping by; we really hope you will join us over at Mix It Up!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE:
Stamps: NONE
Ink: Distress oxide inks
Challenges:
  MIUCB #26

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.