3/19/18

Welcome Baby Baird

A friend asked me to make a card for a co-worker that recently had a baby boy. He was born February 10; unfortunately his birth did not go well and the road to recovery has been uphill - but we are super excited to continue receiving updates of how well he is doing! You can read a bit more about his birth and the complications HERE.

I set about making a masculine baby card with lots of distressing - both with ink and tools. I paper pieced the little bear suit, I thought the star pattern paper was too cute! I added lots of lines with a pencil (Sandy Allnock did something along these lines recently to some no line colored bunnies - see video HERE), so I thought it would be fun. Had I thought in advance, I would have used a lighter ink! You might have to click and enlarge to see the details of the 'fur' created with the pencil.



I love these papers, a very old pack from My Mind's Eye, but I use them all the time in masculine cards. TFL; hope you have a GREAT week!

HUGS!


WHAT'S IT TAKE:
Stamps: LCI Baby set (discontinued)
Inks: MFT Hot Fudge
Papers: Designer paper by MME, Neenah 80 lb. white
Accessories: cork heart (colored with Hot Fudge ink), Sharpie, Heidi Swapp distressor, Copics, MFT pierced square die (similar die here), MFT Blueprints

Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.