3/8/18

Studio Katia - Happy Birthday Wishes

Hi friends! My boss asked me to create a birthday card for his sister-in-law.

Ever have those times when you've kind of lost what kind of designer you are? Layers, more CAS, CAS but sophisticated? Yeah - that's me right now!

Anywho, I stamped the image in MFT Extreme Black and colored with Copics and colored pencils; the flowers were all coated with Clear Wink of Stella.

Once I finished coloring, I used a Tim Holtz mesh stencil to add some Squeezed Lemonade spots; I finished it off with a few colors of Nuvo drops and some washi tape.




I have MUCH better lighting at work BUT I haven't found the 'perfect' background piece yet; not thrilled with this, but for now, it'll  have to work! ;)

Thanks for stopping by; have a great week!

HUGS!


WHAT'S IT TAKE:
Stamps: SSS/Studio Katia Blooming Trio (looks like this is no longer available, but here is one EXTREMELY similar, Blooming Bunch), WPlus9 Modern Peonies (sentiments)
Inks: MFT Extreme Black, Distress Oxide Squeezed Lemonade
Papers: Designer paper (from my stash - same stash you have - HA); SU Real Red, PTI Summer Sunrise, Rangrr water color
Accessories: Nuvo drops, clear wink of stella, misc. washi tape, MFT Blueprints, Copics, Tim Holtz mesh stencil

1 comment:

  1. This is such an amazing card! I love the bold colors you used on the flowers. I also like how you structured this-- the florals with the polka dots and stripes. This came together perfectly and is a real stunner. Thank you for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.