2/20/18

You + Me Watercolor

Hi there - I still have a few more Valentine cards and treat sacks to share with you.

I made several smooshed watercolor backgrounds, I used a couple of them and I just did not like the direction they were going - in fact, it's very possible one wound up in FILE 13! :(

But once I changed things up a bit, I really liked how the last two turned out - this being one of them. I once again stamped the large heart image (wood mounted, red rubber) overlapping with Oxide inks and added some splatters from the MFT Distressed Hearts set, as well as other random splatters of white, red, and black from various inks. The sentiment is from Verve's Love Notes set (another all-time fave set). I used PTI's Mix and Mat heart dies - I just love the simplicity of this card with all that watercolor wash!



I added some designer paper beneath the main panel, used PTI's A2 scalloped die for the base layer, dressed up the inside and voila, a quick and simple Valentine card.

Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a GREAT day!!

HUGS!


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: MFT Distressed HeartsVerve Love Notes, Hearts by ???
Inks: MFT Extreme Black, Distress Oxide Candied Apple and Worn Lipstick
Papers: Reverse Confetti True Love, PTI Pure Poppy, Ranger Water Color
Accessories: MFT Blueprints, PTI Mix and Mat Heart Dies, fun foam, washi tape, PTI A2 Scalloped Dies

Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.