10/1/16

Layer It!

It's a new month *GASP* - has anyone counted how many days till Christmas...let's just not, ok? :D

This month at a2z Scrapbooking, we are focusing on LAYER IT. Normally, I would dig out tons of designer paper and go to town, I adore layers; but this time I went mixed media using gesso, whipped spackle, transparent glossy texture paste, 3 different stencils, distress crayons and distress inks! Oh such fun and oh so messy!


Don't forget, if some of these items aren't available in the a2z Scrapbooking store; they welcome special orders, so just let them know what you'd like! And, don't forget by using 'MicheleG15', you will receive 15% off any order $25+! What a deal; their prices are truly great!




I started with Ranger water color paper and applied a layer of gesso; I used the cornish petals stencil in the lower left hand corner with distress inks; then I used the arrow stencil and whipped spackle letting it dry completely. Once dry, I added color using distress crayons and rubbed in with my fingers. Then I sponged on more distress ink through the cornish petals stencil and finally I topped the entire panel with the bold floral stencil and applied glossy texture paste. You can probably see the glossy texture paste best in the upper right hand corner.


Finished it off with some white splatters, sparkly enamel dots, striped black and white paper, gold glitter paper, vellum and a layered pink and black die cut dipped in gold embossing powder and coated with glossy accents.

Thanks for stopping by; hope you'll join our Layer It challenge this month; we LOVE seeing your creations!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: HA Hello stamp and cut, HA Prayers stamp and cut (inside sentiment)
Papers: Ranger water color paper, Hero Arts blush (base card)
InkMustard Seed and Abandoned Coral distress inks, VersaMark
Accessories: HA bold floral stencil, HA arrow pattern stencil, transparent gloss texture paste, Stencil Girl cornish petals stencil, HA unicorn spray, distress crayons, Doodlebug enamel dots, gesso

Challenges:

2 comments:

  1. WOW... Michele, this is amazing and stunning mixed media card! LOVE the colorful textured background. The title is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously gorgeous, I looovvee it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.