3/1/16

Color Throwdown Guest Designer

Hi friends - boy am I super excited for this post! THIS card was selected as the winner a couple of weeks ago over at the Color Throwdown, so this week I get to join the fun and guest design for the Color Throwdown. WOOT, WOOT!!

This week is another GREAT color challenge and I colored ALL the flowers and used ALL the glitter I could find!
Smiley from Millan.Net

Here's the colors this week:

I was inspired by THIS card, can you tell? I colored some Tim Holtz water color paper with Zig Clean Color Brushes in ombre pinks and greens, I spread the colors with a large brush and water, let it dry completely then stamped the flowers and leaves from WPlus9 Doodle Buds in Hero Arts black ink. I added a bit more shading and traced each image with a sharpie. I cut out each image (have I mentioned how bad I need those matching dies!!??!!) and traced the edges with a black marker so no white would show. I added clear wink of stella to each piece - LOTS OF SHIMMER!  Once the wink of stella was dry, I added some white gel dots. I embossed the black panel then made a little bouquet of flowers and leaves, added some glossy accents to the flowers and to the black panel and an embossed flag banner with a sentiment from the same stamp set.



For the top portion I used the Memory Box Mini Dots stencil and spread some sparkle glitter paste - I'm telling you, I'm pretty sure I have glitter in spots you should not have glitter.
Smiley from Millan.Net

Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a GREAT day!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: WPlus9 Doodle Buds
Papers: PTI True Black, Raspberry Fizz, Neenah 80 lb. white, Tim Holtz water color
InkHero Arts black, Versamark
Accessories: Zig Clean Color Brushes, white embossing powder, glossy accents, white gel pen, clear wink of stella, Bo Bunny sparkle glitter paste, Memory Box mini dots stencil, Cuttlebug embossing folder, sharpie, MFT Blueprints

Challenges:
  ctd382
  SSS Work it Wednesday - February

3 comments:

  1. I love those whimsical flowers and how you colored them! Thanks so much for helping us out this week at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those blooms....and the layout!! Happy you played with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this bold & beautiful design! The flowers are gorgeous and I love how they divide the top glittery dots and the black embossed bottom. Such a cool card! Thanks for being our Guest Star Stamper!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.